Friday, January 22, 2016

are you tired?

The one thing that causes us to be defeated are the lies that provide the cushion for the mess we're in.
"I'll get over it."; "It's not that serious"; "I don't even care"; "I deserved that"; "There's nothing better than this"; "I'm fine just the way I am"; etc.
One thing that every single person has in common in this world is lying. "What are you talking about Tityana? I'm not a liar!" I'm  not calling you a liar but what I am saying is that lying is something that you've done to protect yourself, make an excuse for yourself, and/or limit your abilities.
At first, the only way I coped with not having my dad in my life was to lie: "I don't need him. I grew up just fine without him. He doesn't have to love me. My mom loves me enough for the both of them. I don't ever want to speak to him or see him. If he died, I wouldn't even care."
But the truth was I felt abandoned and worthless.. Always questioning what's wrong with me? Why did he leave me? Does he not love me? I just want to speak to him one time just to figure things out. What does everyone else see in me that my dad didn't see?
I eventually confronted the situation head on and confessed the feelings that I had been holding captive in my mind. Every bit of bitterness and anger that I felt I spent years coping the wrong way because I was afraid to confront the very thing that tormented me. I did not know how to identify with how I was feeling and then be honest enough to speak those feelings. I only knew how to lash out. I was perfectly fine with being ignorant and playing in my mess instead of realizing that I needed help.
The one thing I learned is that honesty is what we tend to run from because no one has taught us how to effectively face our issues. It's true, some of us don't know how to face our issues. Some of us like our depressing pity party. Some of us are used to mess. We scoff at the fact that God can make us clean, whole and set us free. It took someone introducing me to something new before I got tired of the old.
So my question to you is, are you tired of the old? *Take a moment and think about your life* are you satisfied with the way things have been? It's okay to be tired of the "same ole, same ole".
To be tired "suggest a condition in which a large part of one's energy and vitality has been consumed. One who is tired has used up a considerable part of his or her bodily or mental resources". You're wasting energy physically and mentally exhausting your efforts to cope with what you think of yourself and what others think of you, to pretend you're okay when you're not, to get your mind off of the reality, and/or to make an excuse as to why you should stay the way you are instead of wanting better for yourself.
 
Well my prayer for you is that you come to know who you truly are and you develop a deep desire to change. I pray that your true identity will be revealed and that you have the courage to step out of your past and into your future. I pray that you will come to see the beauty in your past, the purpose in your struggle and the hope in your future! I pray that you will open up your heart and mind to receive Jesus Christ as your Savior and that you allow Him to be God in your life and that you receive His love! You'll soon come to know just how deep, wide, and how unfailing God's love is for you and once you get a taste, you'll never go back, in the name of Jesus! I pray that you be healed, delivered, restored, and set free in every area of your life. The devil does not have control over you any longer! In the mighty name of Jesus, I pray, AMEN.

(Stand in agreement with me by praying the prayer and saying "Amen. Jesus, I receive it!")
 
God makes all things new! ---> "Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new..." (PROOF)
 
"This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" - 2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT (PROOF!)
 
HALLELUJAH!
  
 
Until next time,
I LOVE YOU!
 
P.S. I see you in the future and you look much better than you do right now. I SEE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment